Changed master password / not working

Aspirant

Changed master password / not working

Hello,

I changed my master password on my Android device. Now the new master password won't work on my PC. It says that wrong password and the whole process is very glitchy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aspirant

Re: Changed master password / not working

Customer service told that I should delete all the content from a certain Key-file ("appdata", be careful that it is the right one!). It worked. I also uninstalled and installed the Key.

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager

Hi Jereppa1,

Was there any sync done between the PC and the Android after the password was changed? If there is no sync done, could you try to login with your old password in the PC and see if it works? Do you also have a QR code for the PC?

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

I dont know if there is any sync done. But it seems that the problem is on my laptop. The new master password worked on my third PC. I will try to contact f-secure's customer service directly now.

Aspirant

Customer service told that I should delete all the content from a certain Key-file ("appdata", be careful that it is the right one!). It worked. I also uninstalled and installed the Key.

Community Manager

Hi Jereppa1,

Thanks for updating the status of your issue and sharing the solution. Glad to know it worked.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.