Cannot logon to Key after SW update

Scholar

Cannot logon to Key after SW update

My F-Secure Key prompted for an update and I run the update for my two laptops. The result is that I cannot log on Key any more. When I type the password and press enter, nothing happens. If I type some random characters and press enter, I get an "Incorrect password" message. Klicking the yellow key after the password line does not work either with the correct password.

I tried removing Key and the password file from one laptop, re-installed it and tried to sych the passwords from my android phone. This did not work out. When I closed the re-installed key, I run into the same problem again: I cannot login.

This is not about that I had forgotten the password. If I type a wrong password, I get a message that it is wrong. When the password is correct, nothing happens.

So now I have two laptops with updated but non-working key and one mobile phone (Android) with working key (old SW version).

Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Re: Cannot logon to Key after SW update

Hello,

New Windows build 3.1.104 is now available here: https://download.sp.f-secure.com/key/f-secure_key_win.msi

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Scholar

An addition to my question, my laptops are both Windows. One is Win 7 and the other is Win 8.

Scholar

Hi Sasa, 

I have the same problem! (see my post regarding the same problem). I used the 'repair' button a couple of times, then reinstalled twice, but nothing seems to work. Luckily, Key still works on my Ipad and my other laptom (MS Vista). But on my 'workhorst' I cannot use the newest version.

I hope F-secure will fix this problem soon! 

If I find a solution, I will post it here. 

F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hello,

New Windows build 3.1.104 is now available here: https://download.sp.f-secure.com/key/f-secure_key_win.msi

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

View solution in original post

Scholar

Thanks! Smiley Happy