Can't connect Key on Windows

Scholar

Re: Can't connect Key on Windows

Hello, has this issue been resolved by F-Secure with respect to Key and windows 7 not syncing with android devices. I am having the exact same issue as listed above several times at present.

Two Android devices running Key 2.0.7

latest windows version downloaded and installed on PC 1.6.141

Thank You

bjshields

@f6c wrote:
What kind of information do f-secure need from med?

Scholar

I uninstalled both (pc and phone) and installed again. Put same password in both devices and tried to connec them. It goes fine, but in the end pc tells this:

" "Synchronization turned off. Your subscription has expired and your devices are no longer synchronized. To synchronide your devices, buy a new subscription." 

I had bought that Sync already before to my phone from Google Play. When I open Google Play in my pc, I han see it there. Its ok and activeand same with my phone.

Scholar

I have the same problem. I could sync between two Android clients but the Windows client is giving me the same error on Windows 7 and 8.1.

EDIT: I got it working, somehow the Android app wasn't the latest version even though Google Play didn't report updates being available. Apologies and thanks!

Scholar

F-Secure Key got updated on Android. I tested this again, and after a bit of trouble I am now able to sync between Android and Windows.

-I updated my Android devices

-I generated a code on Android, entered that into Windows Key

-Windows Key said something about password being changed on another device, but connected

-I entered some passwords into Windows Key, they did not sync to Android

-I noticed that even my two Android devices were not syncing with each other

-I then generated a code in Windows Key and connected an Android device to that, sync started working between Windows and Android

-Connected óther Android device to Windows by generating the code on Windows Key, now everything works.

While still not exactly what would be concidered a "solution", at least a workaround.