Can't connect Key on Windows

Scholar

Can't connect Key on Windows

I just installed Key on my Android phone and Tablet. After purchasing a 12-month subscription from the app I got sync working between my phone and tablet just fine. After this I installed Key on my Windows computer, and tried to get it connected. I generate a code on my phone, enter it on the Windows client, Windows client asks for master password (only accepts the one that I have on my phone and tablet, as expected) and then gives this error: 

Sychronization turned off

Your subscription has expired and your devices are no longer synchronized. To synchronize your devices, buy a new subscription.

After clicking OK on that one, I can't access Key on Windows computer anymore. Asks for a master password, doesn't accept the only one I have.

What's up with that?

Versions:

Windows: 1.6.141

Android: 2.0.6

13 REPLIES 13
Former F-Secure Employee

Re: Can't connect Key on Windows

Never fear! An engineer is here!

( Looking into this issue,  if you could send logs from your windows computer, that might be helpful. Select "About" from the menu, click on the version number about 5-7 times, and then click send. Then you get a 4 word code, either post here or send private message to me. I'll be sure to post once it's fixed.

++lauri

Former F-Secure Employee

Good morning. 

The latest version of android client ( 2.0.7, you can see version in menu -> help and look at the bottom ) fixes this issue. Your desktop client might have been in a strange status, so you can uninstall the F-secure Key: User data. ( But it works without resetting that too ).

++lauri

Highlighted
Scholar

I updated my Android client to 2.0.7 from Google Play, uninstalled Key from my Windows computer completely, installed it again, tried to connect it, with same results as before.

So the update actually did not resolve anything for me.

Former F-Secure Employee

That is rather perplexing, can you perhaps resend logs from the desktop ?

++lauri

Scholar

Sent.

Scholar

Hello!

Was the problem solved? I have exactly the sama problem with Android and PC. Please help!

f6c
Scholar

I have exactly the same problem. How do i solve it?

Scholar

Unfortunately no solution yet. 

f6c
Scholar

What kind of information do f-secure need from med?