Bug report: DOM manipulation causes constant and disruptive spam in browser console

Scholar

Bug report: DOM manipulation causes constant and disruptive spam in browser console

Hey,

Firstly: This is mainly an issue for web developer.

Symptom:

The JavaScript console gets spammed the following:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'indexOf' of undefined
    at HTMLBodyElement.<anonymous> (content.js:2)
    at HTMLBodyElement.dispatch (jquery.js:104)
    at HTMLBodyElement.k.handle (jquery.js:98)

Causes:

Webpack Hotmodule Reload or another substantial DOM manipulation event.

Impact:

Developer sanity is degraded.

Workaround:

Disable F-Secure KEY when developing in the browser.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Bug report: DOM manipulation causes constant and disruptive spam in browser console

Hi Muta,

Please do let us know if you have any new updates after the try. Meanwhile, I have passed on your feedback to our KEY team.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: Bug report: DOM manipulation causes constant and disruptive spam in browser console

Hi Muta,

Does it happen on some specific website only?

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

This happens when developing websites. Have not encountered this on production sites, only on development sites with webpack or equivalent hot module reloading features enabled.

I think this is an issue that happens because of the full DOM tree reload after the manipulation on Angular Universal. I haven't tried it on React or jQuery manipulations yet.

Community Manager

Hi Muta,

Please do let us know if you have any new updates after the try. Meanwhile, I have passed on your feedback to our KEY team.