Automatic fill-in?

F-Secure

Re: Automatic fill-in?

Hi hoopee,

Just to clarify, which F-Secure program are you referring to?
Has somebody helped you? Give Kudos as a way to say "thanks!"
Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using the "Accept as Solution" button to let others know.
jhp
Scholar

Product referred is F key

--

hoopee

Scholar

No, F2 simply doesn't work on my Mac Mavericks machine.

Novice

Same here, havent got the auto filling to work on my Macbook 10.9.x or in my iPhone ?

jhp
Scholar

My problem considers windows 8.1 touchscreen device. I have only virtual keyboard in use, there is no F2 - button available

Supporter

Help. Please help. I can't get it to work. 

• Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) and later: Go to System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Privacy tab. There is a listAllow the apps below to control your computer, you need to drag and drop the fskey executable inside that list.

Like so? It doesn't work? fn+ctrl+F2 or ctrl+F2... 

Skærmbillede 2014-04-25 kl. 16.39.52.png

Former F-Secure Employee

For some reason I can't see image you embedded. What type of Mac model do you have and which keyboard were you using? The physical devices and layouts. This could be a software issue or then a keyboard layout issue. But as you went already ahead and tried with the Fn-key, it can be the former.

There are many different devices and alternate keyboard layouts who are problematic for our chosen hotkey combo. The Fn-keys who need to be used to reach certain F-keys vary a lot.

Many of these problems seem to be Mac related. I'll take this to our designers and see if we should approach this differently.

-Juha

Advocate

unfortunately the image is only visible to the person who posted it, until it's been approved by a moderator

Highlighted
Supporter

Hi JuhaT, 

Thanks for replying. Sorry about the image, i don’t know went wrong.

I've got it working now – well sort of. 

I think perhaps I'm not understanding how it works underneath the hood. And that why I get confused, and think it’s not working.

- First of it doesn’t seem to able to enter in usernames.

- And if I click fn+ctrl+F2. The logo get highlighted with a blue box in the menubar so something has happened. 

- And when i’ve entered my username. After some time (seconds, feels like a long time thought), most of the time, I see the little little blue KEY symbol appearing in the left side of the password input box. And i can click on, start tying in the name or scroll down. Sometimes nothing happens and i have to click a few times between the username and password boxes… to sort of force a reaction from KEY. As if it’s loading (or so it seems to me. But I don’t know what’s going on beneath the hood) 

But I guess, I thought, that I could just hit and instantly fn+ctrl+F2 in the username input and choose with username & password it would fill in for me. Or at the very least, the KEY symbol should appear instantly in the password box after i’ve entered the username.

I’m using a danish keyboard layout. But it’s not the problem. But if is like you say a problem, perhaps it could be nice if people to choose their own hotkey combination. 

Thanks. Again JuhaT. I know there isn’t much you can do about it, at this moment.

Former F-Secure Employee

Thank you  @csjDK ! I assume the application with what you use Key in this description is a web browser. What web browser is this? Can you also figure out the current version number?

Key does integrate with all applications on your system. However Web browsers are a bit different from any other app.