Autofill doesn't work when browser window is maximized

Scholar

Autofill doesn't work when browser window is maximized

Using OS X 10.9 Mavericks and tried both Safari and Chrome. Autofill doesn't work when the browser window is maximized but works ok when I reduce browser window size.

When trying to use with maximized browser window after ctrl-fn-f2 the screen changes to the desktop and the list of key passwords is displayed on the desktop instead of showing at the username field of the application I am trying to log in to.

I don't know if there is a way around this or whether it can be fixed, it may be due to how the operating system works, but I just thought I would bring this issue to your attention.

thanks,

Robin

4 REPLIES 4
Advocate

Re: Autofill doesn't work when browser window is maximized

Very strange behavior indeed.

There are specific prerequisites for Maverick, but I guess you already know about that since it's working with non-maximized windows:

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security-for-PC/Can-Key-fill-in-my-username-and/ta-p/34819

Or maybe it has something to do with this?

https://discussions.apple.com/message/23766770#23766770

Scholar

Yes I have been through all those prerequisites and it does work ok with non-maximized windows.

I don't think it has anything to do with that issue raised in the apple forums, but I am hoping someone else or someone at F-Secure can replicate my problem.

I have a feeling it may be due to how the OS handles full-screen windows so maybe there isn't a solution.

Autofill can be a real pain in the backside, I remember with LastPass it used to stop working whenever a new version of Chrome or Safari came out and then had to wait weeks for the developers to fix the issue, by which time another version of Chrome had been released and we were back at square one again.

Highlighted
Former F-Secure Employee

Very interesting indeed, looks like a condition that escaped our tests, i'll add this to our backlog.

One question, we're talking here about 'maximized', not 'fullscreen' right? or does it misbehaves in both cases?

-Mat

Scholar

I am referring to maximized, when I click on the double arrow in the top right-hand corner of the browser window.

thank you,

Robin

--------