Android tablet not syncing anymore

Scholar

Android tablet not syncing anymore

Good day

I've had the technology previev -version of f-secure key on my tablet for quite some time.

For some reason I could no longer sync with one of the other computers that I own, so I tried installing the normal version from google play. I did make a mistake there, I didn't remove preview first. Instead of updating preview, it simply installed a second program. Needless to say, the syncing didn't improve, now it won't sync with either version.

Ever since that I've had no luck syncing the tablet. It goes to the "synchronizing" -state, and it fetches the premium lisence from another computer, but it won't sync the passwords. Nor will the sync ever end.

I already tried removing both programs and reinstalling the newest version, but the problem remains.

Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Re: Android tablet not syncing anymore

Hello vsipola,

To resolve your issue, proceed as follow:

1. Export passwords to a file(backup phase)
2. Remove local storage (remove the whole folder, %LOCALAPPDATA%\F-Secure\Pwmgr, KEY application should not be completely closed). NOTE! Your passwords will get lost so make sure you have the backup safe.
3. Run KEY and set up new master password. After that import passwords from file
4. Put the voucher code(or sync from another working device)

Let us know should you have problems.

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Highlighted
F-Secure

Export passwords to a file, then just remove KEY completely from all the devices and then install again. After that import your password collection from the file you have created, enter premium voucher and then connect other devices.

Scholar

Now, I really don't know what worked here. After redoing the removing and reinstalling of the software a number of times, and re-entering the texts back and forth, It finally did sync the passwords. The syncinc still doesn't end ever, but somewhere in between it actually synced the passwords, too.

Scholar

Thank you, Ben.

That might actually work. It certainly looks like something is left on disk after the removal. But for some reason, I'm unable to find the directory that you mention. It's not under \sdcard nor under \sdcard\Android\data. I wonder, wherher it's hidden on purpose. Also... are you sure you are not missing the part that said "Android tablet"? That %dirname% -thing sounds like windows to me.

Scholar

Hi, Dukavi.

Are you sure that it's quite necessary to remove it from *all* of my devices? That's four different pieces of hardware. And only one of them is having problems. All of the others sync in both directions without any problems.

F-Secure

@vsipola wrote:

Hi, Dukavi.

Are you sure that it's quite necessary to remove it from *all* of my devices? That's four different pieces of hardware. And only one of them is having problems. All of the others sync in both directions without any problems.

You might be right if it affects just one device, just remove it completely (including local data) and then reconnect.

In the same time if more devices affected, it is better to remove all of them and start from the scratch, because in this case we don't need to figure out to what servers they are connected.

Scholar

Oh my, this was so old fashioned, I didn't even think about it.

Simply removing and reinstalling was not quite enough no matter how many times you did it.

The thing that worked was removing the software, then rebooting and only after then reinstalling. I suppose something was left in a cache somewhere.