Android setting "Lock after" not honored

PA2
Aspirant

Android setting "Lock after" not honored

There is a setting "Lock  after" in the KEY Android app. Even if I set it to something very high, for example 10 hours, I need to re-enter my master password after a short while (maybe five minutes, at any rate much earlier than after ten hours).

Is this a bug in KEY, or do I have to change some setting in Android to treat the KEY app in some special way?

I am using version 4.5.5 on Android Nougat (had the same behaviour on Marshmallow).

Idea with no actual evidence: can this have something to do with the fix for the vulnerability where the master key was stored in a less secure way? (https://team-sik.org/sik-2016-027/)

6 REPLIES 6
Community Manager

Re: Android setting "Lock after" not honored

Hi PA2,

I noticed this KB article which explains about how F-Secure Key locks in Mobile devices.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Highlighted
PA2
Aspirant

Laksh, thanks for the quick reply.

I think that article might be outdated, since it mentions "the box Remember my Master Password on this device" and I can not find such a "box", neither in  the settings, nor on the main page of the app.

Also, what would the point of the "Lock after" setting be, if it isn't used?

I think "Lock after" is a much better setting than never locking, so I'm fine with the current state, if only it would work :)

Also, let me mention that I really like KEY. I tried a few other managers, the popular ones, but I went back to KEY.

Community Manager

Hi PA2,

You should be able to find the option 'Remember my master password on this device' on your login screen for Key (right under the Master Password).

Meanwhile, I will check on this for further clarification.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
PA2
Aspirant

Hi,

Actually my login screen looks differentt from that, see this screenshot:

Login screen

This is probably because I have a fingerprint sensor, but as I said, I think the "Lock after" option is much better. You can see it here in my settings screen:

Settings

Community Manager

Hi PA2,

Can you send me the system information of your device as a private message? It should be under: Settings>About device.

Our team is investigating this further.

PA2
Aspirant

Thanks will do!

For anyone else reading this thread: for me (F-Secue Key version 4.5.5 on Android) the System Information lies under Help -> About -> System Information.