Windows Update - Server 2016 - Problem DeepGuard and Real-Time-Scanning

Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: Windows Update - Server 2016 - Problem DeepGuard and Real-Time-Scanning

@Henrik4 Yes, we have more exclusions set. According to F-secure documentation the * shouldn't be needed. I've made the change and am testing now to see if there's a improvement.....

Scholar

There arent any hotfixes available for Client Security. I cant even find the downloads for v 12 as I believe its end of life.
Scholar

Please differentiate Client and Server version

Client = V14
Server = V12

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/business_global/downloads/server-security

We didn't put the asterisk behind it and successfully distributed the January updates on Server 2016

Aspirant

@ITMSuhl The problem isn't the distribution but the updates are taking far longer than usual. Normally a server is up and running again within an hour, now there are systems that are busy for > 4 hours. especially the reboots are taking much longer.

Running PMS 13.11.84108

SS clients: 12.12 with FSAV952-09 and FSMA1010-HF03 hotfixes

ESS clients 12.12 with FSMA1010-HF03 hotfix

Aspirant

@Martdl wrote:

@Henrik4 Yes, we have more exclusions set. According to F-secure documentation the * shouldn't be needed. I've made the change and am testing now to see if there's a improvement.....

Well, that didn't work.

2 NEW Windows server 2016 systems deployed with F-secure Server Security 12.12 with hotfixes.

Disabled all F-secure services on one system. Downloaded all updates on both systems, same set, and started the update process. The Server with F-secure disabled is ready to go and rebooted within the hour (43 minutes). The second system is still busy "Getting Windows Ready, Don't turn off your computer" after  107 minutes.

I'm done, going home now, but this is not working....

Scholar

Did the excluded paths also reach the agent?Unbenannt.png

F-Secure
F-Secure

Hello everybody,

The new hotfix was created yesterday. Not yet available on the web site. Please, contact support, and they will provide it to you.

The hotfix is applicable to 12.x Server Security/Email and Server Security and Client Security. The hotfix id for the reference is FSAV952-10.

Best regards,

Vad

Aspirant

@ITMSuhl wrote:

Did the excluded paths also reach the agent?Unbenannt.png

Yes, checked that before i started the updates.
I'm letting this rest now, monday is our production patching, so i'm not going to change any more and just disable f-secure on all servers.
After that i will open a case with F-secure.

I just heard from our Desktop team that they also experience problems with Windows 10 clients.

Novice

I'm glad my colleague found this thread.

This issue has been costing us many (expensive) hours and frustration during downtime.

Please provide a proper solution with high priority (product update)!

Thanks.

F-Secure
F-Secure

Hello Solipsis-VdP,

The solution (hotfix) is already available. Did you try it? If not, just contact support, and we will provide it to you.

Best regards,

Vad