Uninstall script / tool

Scholar

Uninstall script for FSAV 2012

How then  I uninstall F-secure Launch Pad comes with F-Secure Antivirus 2012. I want to remove this as well as all associated compoenents throgh my script only. Is there command available so that I can execute it thrugh script?

Novice

Re: Uninstall script / tool

Hi MJ-perComp

i run the Unistallationtool.exe with these parameters from a script

1. "-a --noreboot"

2. "-s" silent

So it looks like this Unistallationtool.exe -a --noreboot -s, yet the tool does not run in silent mode and still needs interaction from the user, surely silent mode should take effect hereunless i have the incorrect format.?

F-Secure
F-Secure

Hello FFighter,

I'm afraid that you are using different (newer) version of Uninstallation tool which doesn't support silent installation.

Look at this thread:

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/End-point/Latest-Uninstall-tool/td-p/24496

Best regards,

Vad

Novice

Hi Vad,

Thank you for informing me about this, do you not know perhaps which version still supported this and if so direct me to the link where i am able to download it from please.

Regards.

F-Secure
F-Secure

As far as I know, we don't have links to older versions. Please, contact support, most likely they will be able to help you.

Best regards,

Vad

Novice

Hi Vad

i have an issue, as we have a network that wants to replace their vendor of Antivirus, so we will need to mass remove this using a script of some sort as we do not have access to the console.

Regards

Scholar

Hi FFighter,

you want remove F-Secure or another AV?

Novice

Novice

Hi Rybis

Yes removal of F-Secure. without it being a manual process as the silent mode is no longer in use. is there an unattend file we could use.?

Regards

Scholar

Hi FFighter,

did you try as is in http://community.f-secure.com/t5/End-point/Latest-Uninstall-tool/td-p/24496 unpack the exe file and get UninstallationTool.exe from there?

1. rename original tool.exe to .TAR

2. open it in any package manager (i use 7zip)

3. open folder DATA-1

4. unpack UninstallationTool.exe to any folder

I havent my virtual now and cant test silence parameter for this but this exe file seems to be older UITool version included into new one and updated by macros and some special adds

I test it now its not work