cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log in Policy Manager 11 Beta - does not accept customer number

Scholar

Unable to log in Policy Manager 11 Beta - does not accept customer number

Hi all

I upgraded my technology preview test environment from 9.20 to Policy Manager 11 Beta (http://www.f-secure.com//en/web/labs_global/client-security-11-premium-beta). The upgrade bits were installed, but when starting Policy Manager I get the message:

Register F-Secure Policy Manager

Your Evaluation Period for this product has expired

Customer number: <...>

PM won't accept the customer number we have, so I am unable to work with Policy Manager.

Is this a known problem? Any known work-arounds?

/Maurice

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
F-Secure

Re: Unable to log in Policy Manager 11 Beta - does not accept customer number

Since the token which controls when your PM trial expires is written in the database and you upgraded still using the old database you have this issue. Reinstall PM 11 fresh. This means also using a complete new database. Do not migrate the old h2db.
Scholar

Thanks for the answer, I have done a re-install.

But: since our valid customer number is not accepted, this is a problem for the real upgrade process (which of course happenst post-beta-rc etc). I can hardly imaging an upgrade from v10 to v11 not being supported? Or is this a beta-limitation?

/Maurice

Scholar

Update - also after a re-install, the customer number is not accepted. But since it's a fresh install, I can use it as evaluation version.

In short: is there a bug or a new feature leading to decline of the customer number?

/Maurice

F-Secure Employee

Hi Maurice,

upgrade from previous PM versions is supported, and there is no changes in the registration logic since PM 10.10. If your activation worked earlier and the licenses are not expired in the mean time things should work as before.

Please check if you can access https://corp-reg.f-secure.com from the PM Server. In case you have a proxy between the PM and Internet it is worth checking your proxy configuration on PM Server.

Please see the FAQ about the activation here: 

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/business_global/products/management/deployment

Best regards,

Mikko

Scholar

Hi Mikko

Sorry to bug you again, but the problem still persist. The CS products are now RTM, so we are about to close down our beta-server, but it still would be nice to know the problem cause. I am tempted to make a call to partner support, or are there better ways?

Regards

Maurice

F-Secure

Hi Maurice,

I don't think we can help much without looking into FSDiag report and logs from your Policy Manager. Please call partner support.