cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stoping of F-secure Services

Aspirant

Stoping of F-secure Services

Hi to all,

We are managing all the client through FSPM console centrally. In any domain client ,administrator can stop the F-secure Services. How can we restrict the administrator of client pc to stop or pause the F-Secure Services locally.Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
F-Secure
F-Secure

Re: Stoping of F-secure Services

Hello ravi12,

Unfortunately, restricting the possibility to stop F-Secure services by administrator is not supported in current BS products. We have plans to improve this in future versions.

Best regards,

Vad

4 REPLIES 4
F-Secure
F-Secure

Hello ravi12,

Unfortunately, restricting the possibility to stop F-Secure services by administrator is not supported in current BS products. We have plans to improve this in future versions.

Best regards,

Vad

Novice

@ravi12 wrote:

Hi to all,

We are managing all the client through FSPM console centrally. In any domain client ,administrator can stop the F-secure Services. How can we restrict the administrator of client pc to stop or pause the F-Secure Services locally.Please advise.

Create an AD computer GPO which forces F-Secure services to be started automatically on clients and from the service security, set any local admin to have only read permissions.

For debugging purposes, I suggest to add defined AD user or group of users who has full permissions to stop the services.

Superuser

I fear that will sooner or later interfear with the updateing mechanisms of F-Secure.

If you are a local administrator you are the master of the PC and so there is always a way to disable a service or security rule.

Matthias
----------
perComp is a Platinum Partner of F-Secure since 1994. Any advice or help given by me in this forum is voluntarily and to my best knowledge based on working with the products since 1997. Direct contact for customers please check our homepage http://www.percomp.de

Highlighted
Novice

@MJ-perComp wrote:

I fear that will sooner or later interfear with the updateing mechanisms of F-Secure.

If you are a local administrator you are the master of the PC and so there is always a way to disable a service or security rule.

Maybe, maybe not. Haven't seen any issues with updates yet, and all our clients are deployed with SCCM.

AFAIK F-Secure services are running as system services so removing access  just from local admins shouldn't affect the F-Secure processes at all.

For sure, when you're a local admin of the PC there is always a way to disable services. 

Users shouldn't be local admins at the first place in managed environment.