Scanner Manager Update 15 August Causing "Disk Errors" with Windows 2008 Servers?

Scanner Manager Update 15 August Causing "Disk Errors" with Windows 2008 Servers?

Hi

Since we received a scanner manager update on 15 August, I am now getting reported issues with my various Windows 2008 servers?

I am getting  "an error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 during a paging operation".

These servers are virtual servers using a number of different LUNS on different hosts.

Once the error is received, the server become unresponsive and also unable to even logon.

The only way to "fix" the issue is to power off the server & restart :<(

Unable to get through to support a the moment - phone keep going dead.

Alan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
F-Secure
F-Secure

Re: Scanner Manager Update 15 August Causing "Disk Errors" with Windows 2008 Servers?

Hello Askoik,

Yes, the fix is already delivered to all 11-12.x versions of corporate products.

Best regards,

Vad

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
Aspirant

Re: Scanner Manager Update 15 August Causing "Disk Errors" with Windows 2008 Servers?

We are having exactly the same issue here.

It was difficult to correlate Fsecure update with disk issues on VMs, but apparently now we are not the only ones...

Aspirant

We had the same issue on Windows Server 2003 (only two left in the field) and two Windows Server 2008 R2 servers. After a reboot the server will run for a few hours and become unresponsive again. The Event Viewer on the systems is full with I/O errors...

It seems that the RAM will gets exhausted before the servers crashes.

Product version on Server 2008 R2:  12.00

Product version on Server 2003: 11.01

Novice

This is basically a memory leak problem. It occurs after the update of F-Secure Scanner Manager.

This is happening on all our servers.

This is also on 2012 and 2012R2 servers

F-Secure
F-Secure

Hello everybody,

We are currently working on a fix with priority. It will be released in the channel ASAP.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Best regards,

Vad

Scholar

We have these disk errors on Win 7 Pro desktops. Hopefully your fix will do the trick also on this OS.  FSDIAG is sent to your support.

F-Secure
F-Secure

Hello Askoik,

Yes, the fix is already delivered to all 11-12.x versions of corporate products.

Best regards,

Vad

View solution in original post

Scholar

Hi!

Could you tell us, when did you originally release faulty update, and when did you release the final fix? How can I check, that I have correct fix installed?

Highlighted
F-Secure
F-Secure

Faulty package was 'F-Secure Scanner Manager Update 2018-08-15_01', published 15.08.

Fixed package is shown as 'F-Secure Scanner Manager Update 2018-08-16_01', publish time: 16 Aug 2018 23:23:47 +03.00.

Best regards,

Vad

KL3
Novice

Hi!
How about all 10.x versions of corporate products?
Our F-Secure Client have 'F-Secure Scanner Manager Update 2018-08-16_01', but still have errors.