We have some issues with the old PMS-server and therfor decided to establish a new server from scratch.
The idea was to migrate the clients fra old PMS to ned PMS using the console.
New management-URL was typed into the PMS but for some reason nothing happened.
Then I changed the URL for the management server directly on on some serveres. That trigged them to register OK on the new PMS, pulling definition-updates and softwaredownloads but NOT policies :-(
I guess I need some kind of klient-reset on the servers to initiate communications with the new PMS, but how??
Result: I now have a partly functioning system with clients (only servers). They pull updates, but do not seem to report back to PMS.
Steps I have performed:
The old PMS is still alive - and will continue so until this communication-problem is resolved.
Any ideas how to reset comm?
Please refer to the following thread to see the instructions set and different steps needed to migrate successfully a Policy manager installation.
Hope that helps you troubleshoot your issue.
Thanks for info.
I beliieve I did as described, but it didn't quite fix the problem. Serverclients don't react, but PC-clients do!
I noticed an other issue that I have to deal with first:
Some of the servers acutally claim to have Signature problems, so the first step is to re-install all defective clients again.
When that is done, I will attempt a fresh export/import of the db and migrate as described.
This topic has been closed due to inactivity. If you would like to discuss this topic further, please start a new post.
You can reference this topic in your post by adding this link:
Visit the Community
Check our Forums or How-to & FAQs for advice or answers
View User Guides
Refer to our getting started guides and product manuals
Talk to our Support and get answers to your questions