Policy Manager Server

Aspirant

Policy Manager Server

Hi

i just want to know is it safe to publish policy manager default port 80 for external clients. We don't want to install policy manager proxy on separate machine if it is safe to publish policy manager itself.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
F-Secure Product Expert

Re: Policy Manager Server

Hi Buddee,

Have you taken deploying the Policy Manager at DMZ into consideration? No, PM Proxy not really helpful in this case. It is mainly to decrease the delivery time and use of network bandwidth for virus definition updates, not policy distributions.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Jayson

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new" -Albert Einstein

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
4 REPLIES 4
F-Secure Employee

Hi!

I noticed that you haven't received any reply yet, sorry for that. I will make a follow up that you will.

ElseH
F-Secure Community Manager

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos.
Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

Thanks atleast some one replied.

F-Secure Product Expert

Hi Buddee,

Have you taken deploying the Policy Manager at DMZ into consideration? No, PM Proxy not really helpful in this case. It is mainly to decrease the delivery time and use of network bandwidth for virus definition updates, not policy distributions.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Jayson

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new" -Albert Einstein

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Highlighted
Aspirant

no we have not published it to dmz. can you tell me what it use in HTTP methods, means clients use get and post or only get to have policies. As we can restrict http methods in ASA firewalls.