cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSB Workstation / Client Security for Windows: does Internet Shield adjust to Network Location?

Scholar

PSB Workstation / Client Security for Windows: does Internet Shield adjust to Network Location?

Hello

Vista/Win7 have the great feature of Network Location, eg. a different filewall ruleset kicks in depending on what type of network the computer is connected to (Public/Home/Work/Domain).

Is there a possibility to have PSB Workstation / Client Security follow this network location so that Internet Shield automatically ajust the profile?

Best

Maurice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Superuser

Re: PSB Workstation / Client Security for Windows: does Internet Shield adjust to Network Location?

Hi,

Client Security can be configured to change the Firewall ruleset based on availability of defined networkservers and settings.

PSB does not have that feature yet, So I would recommend to use the tightest ruleset possible. In any case inbound traffic should not be needed, so Laptop or Office is a good choice. Propper training for the user explaining the needs should be part of the setup.

BR

Matthias
----------
perComp is a Platinum Partner of F-Secure since 1994. Any advice or help given by me in this forum is voluntarily and to my best knowledge based on working with the products since 1997. Direct contact for customers please check our homepage http://www.percomp.de

1 REPLY
Superuser

Re: PSB Workstation / Client Security for Windows: does Internet Shield adjust to Network Location?

Hi,

Client Security can be configured to change the Firewall ruleset based on availability of defined networkservers and settings.

PSB does not have that feature yet, So I would recommend to use the tightest ruleset possible. In any case inbound traffic should not be needed, so Laptop or Office is a good choice. Propper training for the user explaining the needs should be part of the setup.

BR

Matthias
----------
perComp is a Platinum Partner of F-Secure since 1994. Any advice or help given by me in this forum is voluntarily and to my best knowledge based on working with the products since 1997. Direct contact for customers please check our homepage http://www.percomp.de