Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No log file

Highlighted
Aspirant

No log file

Hi,

After doing a manual installation of F-Secure Client Security 13.10, if you launch the GUI and navigate to Settings > Other Settings > Show log file

I get a message saying that it cannot find C:\Program Files (x86)\F-Secure\Common\Logfile.log

Why doesnt it automatically create a log file? I have been advised that in previous versions this was never an issue.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
F-Secure
F-Secure

Re: No log file

Hello johnsmith1281,

In previous versions (12.x and older) this log file was overloaded with normal events. In version 13 it contains the information only related to something going wrong.

If you don't have log file you mentioned (C:\Program Files (x86)\F-Secure\Common\Logfile.log) on affected machine, it means that there were no problems on it yet.

Best regards,

Vad

3 REPLIES 3
Aspirant

By the way I am running Windows 7 64bit

F-Secure
F-Secure

Hello johnsmith1281,

In previous versions (12.x and older) this log file was overloaded with normal events. In version 13 it contains the information only related to something going wrong.

If you don't have log file you mentioned (C:\Program Files (x86)\F-Secure\Common\Logfile.log) on affected machine, it means that there were no problems on it yet.

Best regards,

Vad

Aspirant

Great. Thanks Vad