Need a way to uninstall McAfee agent remotely on clients

Aspirant

Need a way to uninstall McAfee agent remotely on clients

Hi

A bigger customer has swiched from McAfee to F-secure and they want help with installing F-secure. F-secure will not install because of McAfee Agent 4.5 and VirusScan Enterprise 8.x. F-secure can uninstall the VirusScan modue but fails with the Agent and the whole installation fails.

F-secure support told me to Call McAfee or to manually walk around uninstalling McAfee ;-(

I hope somebody here can help me.

this will uninstall the agent but the user have to allow UAC window so its not so good

"C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\frminst.exe" /forceuninstall

or

"C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\frminst.exe" /forceuninstall /silent

2 REPLIES 2
Aspirant

Re: Need a way to uninstall McAfee agent remotely on clients

Hi!

The problem is connected to the rights to stop McAfee services. These settings is made within McAfee Management Server, (ePolicyOrchestrator Console), and have to be changed before F-Secure deployment, using uninstall tool within F-Secures installer.

Please read this article and hopefully it will help you: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB65863

Kind Regards:
Johan O Olsson/ATEA Sweden AB Karlstad
Aspirant

Re: Need a way to uninstall McAfee agent remotely on clients

Hi!

According to F-Secure information whish McAfee products and McAfee versions is going to be uninstalled during installation of F-Secure, I guess the uninstaller will not uninstall later versions then McAfee Agent 4.0.0.1496 and McAfee AntiSpyware Enterprise Module 8.7.0.130.

Kind Regards:
Johan O Olsson/ATEA Sweden AB Karlstad