we have F-secure policy manager 12.40.81,its synchronised with our Active directory.we can able to deploy F-secure through policy manager to all systems which have connected with our domain,but we can not install standalone laptop which is not connect with our domain,its connect with with our network through lan(wired) and set our ip series like 192.168.0.,i can able to ping from both end.If i try to deploy policy manager it's showing network path not found,kindly help me to sortout this issue.Thanks
Even though the clients are reachable by ping, please kindly refer to below for the check list for push installation to be working:
1. The installation account have enough rights (has to be local or domain administrator).
2. Enable the Remote registry service on the clients( To enable remote registry service go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services -> Remote registry )
3. Admin$ shares is enable on the client as well as the PMS, please try to access the admin$ share drive on the client from PMS and vice versa to confirm on this
4. Windows Firewall is disable in the service on both clients and PMS, to avoid blocking the network traffic from getting through.
5. Both Policy manager and workstation are in the same network(being able to see the machine with the netview command ).
6. Certain Inbound traffic need to be allowed for the workstation such as RPC(TCP 135 Port), NetBios (137-139) and SMB (TCP 445 port) on your firewall (if there's any)
7. On the client, go to Control Panel->Administrative tools->Local security policy->Local policies-> Security Options - Network Access: sharing and security model for local accounts, check that setting. Make sure is Classic - local users authenticate as themselves"
This topic has been closed due to inactivity. If you would like to discuss this topic further, please start a new post.
You can reference this topic in your post by adding this link:
Visit the Community
Check our Forums or How-to & FAQs for advice or answers
View User Guides
Refer to our getting started guides and product manuals
Talk to our Support agents and get answers to your questions