cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to exclude folders and subfolders in the F-Secure Policy Manager Console?

Aspirant

How to exclude folders and subfolders in the F-Secure Policy Manager Console?

Hello, I have just found a manual from F-Secure Anti Virus for Workstation, but none on the F-Secure Policy Manager Console. 1. How can I exclude folders and subfolders in the F-Secure Policy Manager Console? 2. If I exclude a folder, all subfolders and files will be excluded in this folder too? Best regards, Patte
23 REPLIES
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to exclude folders and subfolders in the F-Secure Policy Manager Console?

Hello Patte,

You should be able to set object exclusions in the Policy Manger console in advanced mode, in the Policy tab under

F-secure Anti-Virus>>Settings>>Settings for Real-Time Protection>>Scanning Options>>File Scanning>>Inclusions and Exclusions.

First enable the option and then fill in the "Excluded Object" table as wanted.

The following article might be useful to you for the formatting of your exclusions

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/End-point/Using-wildcards-in-exclusions/ta-p/20428

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

Re: How to exclude folders and subfolders in the F-Secure Policy Manager Console?

I'm also having the same issue. I tried everything but it's not working. I have a file that still getting blocked (named "convJPEG.exe") and it's not a virus, it's a process in our business software. I also have tried evrything descibe here:

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/End-point/Using-wildcards-in-exclusions/ta-p/20428

But it's doesn't work. File is still block each time I release it. Strangely, everything was working fine before last week-end...

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Patrick_C,

In your case I would advise you to exclude the process in the Policy Manager
F-secure Anti-Virus>>Settings>>Settings for Real-Time Protection>>Scanning Options>>File Scanning>>Inclusions and Exclusions.

First enable the option and then fill in the "Excluded Processes" table as wanted.

You might also want to submit the application as false-positive to our lab in order to have it added to the whitelist.

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

Hello Ben,

Thanks for your quick answer. But like I said in my request, this step has already been done and it's not working. I'm still having a file bloqued by F-Secure. This file (convjpeg.exe) is present and used for years here and since last week-end, it's been block by F-Secure. That's why I want to exclude it from real-time scanning, but it's doesn't work.

If I setup this exclusion directly in a F-Secure workstation, it's wokring. It's only in F-Secure Policy Manager Console that does'nt work. And I can't pass trought all my 50 computers to set this up... Smiley Sad

Thanks!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Patrick_C,

Can you check that your clients/ workstations are indeed receiving the policy containing the exclusions?

You can go in the User Interface on one client, in the settings and under Other settings>>Central management>>Policy information.

Or in The Policy manager under the status tab in anti-virus mode.

Also when you are saving the exclusion table, could you try forcing the table?

As mentioned earlier, contacting our support so that they can take a better look at the issue, might be necessary.

Thank you

Best Regards

-Ben

Scholar

Hello Ben,

I have check what you ask me and it's correctly setup. I tried to froce the table, but it still the same thing. I will follow your request and contact your technical support to fix this.

Thanks again for your help! :)

Superuser

Hi,

may I just add that F-Secure does recommend NOT to use any exclusions at all! If you face a problem (performance or false positive) you should always report these to support ASAP so that the cause can be fixed.

If an exclusion is needed, then it should be temporaily and removed asap again.

Neither Microsoft nor Citrix (both often quoted) recommend to add permanent exlusions!

HTH

Matthias

Matthias
----------
perComp is a Platinum Partner of F-Secure since 1994. Any advice or help given by me in this forum is voluntarily and to my best knowledge based on working with the products since 1997. Direct contact for customers please check our homepage http://www.percomp.de

Scholar

Hi Matthias,

That exactly what I did yesterday. I sent my file to F-Secure for analyse and file result o.k. It supposed to be corrected in a next update. I just hope it won't take too long becase I'm still having issues with it even if I have configured exclusions... Smiley Sad

Thanks!

Patrick.

F-Secure Product Expert

Hi Patrick,

I just wanted to make sure that your issue is fixed since the release of the update. Please feel free to contact us again and update the post with your query If you have further question or issue.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Jayson

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new" -Albert Einstein

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.