High cpu utilization after upgrade to 12.10

Superuser

Re: High cpu utilization after upgrade to 12.10

Dear Dandelion,

> Approximately, it will be available in a week or two.

Is it possible to give a fixed date for hotfix availability?

How will you distribute it, with a new PSM full install kit, fsfix hotfix file or a push via the automatic channel?

Thanks in advance, Yours Sincerely:

Tamas Feher, 2F 2000 Kft., Hungary.

Dear 

Former F-Secure Employee

The hotfix will be ready by the end of this week. The hotfix is planned as a ZIP archive that will contain files to replace those in PM 12.10 installations. The instruction will be provided.

Thanks

Former F-Secure Employee

Dear readers, 

I'd like to inform you that the hotfix that addresses the problem has been released for public use.

Please download it from: 

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/business_global/downloads/policy-manager-for-linux/latest

Please read the instruction before applying the hotfix. 

Aspirant

Hotfix applied! Now it works much better. Use of CPU reduced from permanently 25% to 3%.

Thank you very much.

Coyote

Dear dandelion,

Thanks for the fix.today i experienced high utilization on a windows server.f-secure policy manger is the culprit.do you have any solution to this issue?

Thanks

vm1.pngvm2.pngvm3.png

Highlighted
Former F-Secure Employee

It's hard to tell what caused 100% CPU on Windows in your case. Was that load temporary or sustained for a long time? Anyway, if this problem persists, please contact the technical support. 

@asanka wrote:

Dear dandelion,

Thanks for the fix.today i experienced high utilization on a windows server.f-secure policy manger is the culprit.do you have any solution to this issue?

Thanks

Aspirant

Thanks. I can confirm that the problem is solved in my installation too.

Superuser

Hello,

I do think the extremely high CPU and RAM usage problem of FSPM 12.10 also affects the Windows Server platform, not just Linux. I have seen prolonged 95-100% CPU for hours, especially with virtualized Windows 2008. An FSPM hotfix should probably be made for the Microsoft platform as well.

Anyhow, it is difficult to explain to customers why only the Linux platform received a hotfix, considering that FSPM is platform independent / Java based.

Best Regards: Tamas Feher, 2F 2000 Kft., Hungary.