cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F-secure Policy Manager 12.31 Server port Problem

SOLVED
F-Secure

Re: F-secure Policy Manager 12.31 Server port Problem

I would not recommend approach to uninstall and install Policy Manager several times in order to make it up and running:

* upgrade itself removes almost all files and installs new ones from the installation package

* during installation over uninstalled PM, you are asked to specify ports. If you used non-defult ports with older version and by accident apply suggested default ones, clients will never connect to new PM

* one of the most time-consuming operations is DB migration. If you stop it in the middle (by shutting down or uninstallation of PM), it will start next time almost from the very beginning.

Instead, I'd recommend to check the fspms-stderrout.log file in %programfiles(x86)%\F-Secure\Management Server 5\logs (win) /var/opt/f-secure/fspms/logs (linux) and wait for "INFOSmiley Surprisedejs.Server:main: Started" in it.

Same log shows exception like "Exception in thread "main" java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind" if specified port is indeed used by any other services at your host.

Aspirant

Re: F-secure Policy Manager 12.31 Server port Problem

Yesterday i got it working again. Only changed HTTP-port 80->81 and 24h later it worked again. Thanks for your help!