Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F-Secure Client Security 10.00 Release Candidate

F-Secure
F-Secure

F-Secure Client Security 10.00 Release Candidate

Hello all,

Client Security 10.00 Release Candidate is now available for your review.

You can download jar package and release notes from F-Secure Beta Programs for Business users webpage:
http://www.f-secure.com//en/web/labs_global/beta-programs/business-users/client-security-1000-beta

This new version includes:

- Improved Windows 8 support
- DeepGuard™ version 4
- New Browsing Protection and Web traffic scanning

Please refer to the release notes before installing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Novice

Re: F-Secure Client Security 10.00 Release Candidate

So in effect I can install it on a server with clients on only the server?

16 REPLIES 16
Superuser

Hello,

Please tell us about the reasoning for elimination of FSCS 10 local installation (not centrally managed workstations)!

What is the prediction for FSAVCS 10 RTM date?

Thanks in advance, Sincerely: Tamas Feher from Hungary.

Superuser

Hello,

I have a complaint about incorrect functionality:

- Install FSPM 10.10 beta version

- Import the FSCS 10.00RC version "JAR" file in the FSPMC

- Create a host named "Example" in FSPMC
- Define the centralized management communication setting properties for this Example host as "standalone" instead of "networked"
- Export the FSCS10 JAR file from the FSPMC into the .MSI format

- As the export wizard starts, chose to integrate the policy settings of the "Example" host into the pre-configured MSI package.
- During the export wizard, somehow it is necessary to configure centralized management settings. This is incorrect, because we already included policy from the host "example" which says installation is of the standlone type, NOT networked!

Please correct this problem!

F-Secure Employee

Hi Tamas,

F-Secure Client Security is meant for centrally managed environments. For home usage we recommend using F-Secure Internet Security or PSB where the upgrades of the software to the latest version are handled automatically.

Please note that local installation for centrally managed environments is supported via exporting the MSI installation package from PMC.

In case you have valid use cases for the standalone deployment of Client Security, please contact me with a private message and clarify the use case.

Mikko

Superuser

Hello Mikko,

> F-Secure Client Security is meant for centrally managed environments. For home usage ...

Between centrally managed environments and home usage, there is a wide field of corporate and institutional laptops, which travel a lot outside the headquarters / campus. Regrettably the FSPM framework is not well-suited for access from the direction of the public internet, so it is better to make FSPM intranet-only and run FSCS in the standalone mode on the often-travelling laptops.

> we recommend using F-Secure Internet Security

FSIS 2013 no longer contains the IS/DFW proprietary packet filtering firewall, making it a less serious choice for corporate use.

> PSB, where the upgrades of the software to the latest version are handled automatically

But the company already has an existing FSCS licence. Now they need to buy extra PSB subscriptions to provide protection for their often-travelling notebooks?

Furthermore, the idea of PSB's cloud-based remote management and data storage method scares many european users. Everybody wants data storage to happen within its own country, especially the germans. This is more important for them, compared to money savings.

All in all, I think it is not beneficial to ban the standalone FSCS installations, which were a cumbersome, but working solution to a real problem (although I understand your licencing reasons behind the decision).

Sincerely: Tamas Feher from Hungary.

Highlighted
F-Secure Employee

Hi Tamas,

thank you for your insight. The use case for frequently traveling hosts which go in and out of the internal network or contact internal resources via VPN is covered with the automatic update agent fallback mechanisms for obtaining the updates from the main update server when the FSPMS is not available.

We would be very interested to know in case there are valid use cases (other than the home usage) for using Client Security for the hosts which reside outside the company network, and are permanently disconnected from the internal services. Please send me a private message to clarify the case if you have this kind of situation.

Best regards,

Mikko

Aspirant

Dissapointed..
We also have F-Secure's solution in our company
and waited the past couple of months, CS new release to install it on my upgraded Win8 notebook.
I think i'll stick with the free av.
Scholar

We also have a small business company currently using F-Secure Client Security 9.32. We have one Windows and one Linux server on our environment, but no way to install any additional software to them. All of our precious data is on cloud. Our goal is to get rid of own servers because we don't have time to manage them.

So I guess we must buy new software (maybe from another vendor) to replace F-secure Client Security? That's a shame because we have been very happy with FS so far.

F-Secure

Mijk,

You can consider switching to F-Secure Protection Service for Business (PSB). The beauty of PSB is that the management platform is hosted by F-Secure and security management can be out-sourced to an IT/security provider. You can find more details athttp://www.f-secure.com/en/web/business_global/products/protection-service/overview. To find F-Secure partners offering PSB service in your country, please visit this page: http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/business_global/partners/locator.

BTW, note that the latest version of PSB Workstation Security includes Software Updater, which is not yet available in Client Security and products from other vendors. So this is hopefully one more argument you will take into account when choosing end-point protection solution for your company.

HTH,

Dmitriy

Scholar

Tell me, is it possible to make a stand-alone client FSCS?