Error installing FSC 11.50

Scholar

Error installing FSC 11.50

Hello everybody.

I have a problem during the Installation of the latest F-Secure Version 11.50 on a Windows 7 embedded System. 

I always get the following error during the install process. 

error.JPG

In the Eventviewer appears this message:

eventerror.JPG

I  also have the MSI Log. But I don't want to spam the whole page with this log. Maybe the last Steps before the error may help.

MSI (c) (8C:B4) [15:38:02:262]: Doing action: FatalError
Action 15:38:02: FatalError.
Action start 15:38:02: FatalError.
DEBUG: Error 2826: Control BottomLine on dialog FatalError extends beyond the boundaries of the dialog to the right by 5 pixels
The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2826. The arguments are: FatalError, BottomLine, to the right
Action 15:38:02: FatalError. Dialog created
Action ended 15:38:06: FatalError. Return value 2.
Action ended 15:38:06: INSTALL. Return value 3.

I hope somebody can help me with this issue!

Thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Former F-Secure Employee

Re: Error installing FSC 11.50

Dear Crunchy,

Kindly be informed that Windows 7 embedded is not a supported platform for Client Security. Please try to use the same Installer on a supported platform and do let us know if the same issue persists.

Thanks.
Best Regards,
Sean Veloo

...................................................................................................................................................................
Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hello Crunchy,

Could you give a try to our latest Client Security version 11.51?

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

unfortunately not!

Our client doesn't want to install any java application on the thinclient. Btw. do you need a new Licence Key for 11.51? If not is there .msi file available?

Thank you!

F-Secure Product Expert

Hi Crunchy,

With regards to your problem, I would suggest you to open a Support Ticket:

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/business_global/support/contact/request

Once you have open a SRID kindly update me so that I can help to solve your issue.

Thanks.
Best Regards,
Andy

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know

Scholar

Hi Andi!

I just opend a Ticket for Landesk Support. Hope they can help me resolving my problem :)

Thank you!

Scholar

Hi,

I ahd the same problem.

The problem was that i was running it from a network path.

Copy the hole installation file to your desktop and run it from there.

Scholar

Hi Karlo!

I always started the .msi from C:\ 

Highlighted
Former F-Secure Employee

Dear Crunchy,

Kindly be informed that Windows 7 embedded is not a supported platform for Client Security. Please try to use the same Installer on a supported platform and do let us know if the same issue persists.

Thanks.
Best Regards,
Sean Veloo

...................................................................................................................................................................
Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

View solution in original post