E-Mail and Server Security Beta 10 Error

Scholar

E-Mail and Server Security Beta 10 Error

Hi There

I want to silently install E-Mail and Server Security Beta 10. This works with setup /silent... but after the installation i get the error about admin.pub...

An error occured when trying to use the key that is in the file "pathblabla...\admin.pub"

i know that this error points to the installation  of the policy manager... but i don't want to use it... i set the installation to Standalone...

any solutions oder ideas what i'm doing wrong?

Regards...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
F-Secure Employee

Re: E-Mail and Server Security Beta 10 Error

I assume you are doing the installation by extracting the .exe and using the setup inside it?

If this is the case, the admin.pub error can be worked around by adding a blank file called admin.pub inside the F-Secure\common folder before starting the installation. This should workaround the issue.

Please do note that the given installation method is not officially supported.

5 REPLIES 5
F-Secure Employee

I assume you are doing the installation by extracting the .exe and using the setup inside it?

If this is the case, the admin.pub error can be worked around by adding a blank file called admin.pub inside the F-Secure\common folder before starting the installation. This should workaround the issue.

Please do note that the given installation method is not officially supported.

Superuser

Hello,

The RC version (10.00 build 298) is now available, so please do not use the BETA version any more!

Sincerely: Tamas Feher, 2F 2000, Hungary.

Scholar

i try this Smiley Very Happy thank you...

Sorry i use RC... not Beta...

Scholar

Hi Tomi

The solution worked.. but you said that this method isn't officially supported...

how does an unattended install for Sccm / MDT work correctly? i can't find any description...

Highlighted
F-Secure Employee

Currently the full feature set of ESS (meaning the exchange part also) is not supported to be installed silently and unattended. It can be done in the means that you have already done, but there are certain pitfalls on the way such as the admin.pub workaround. Due to these pitfalls we do not support this method of installation on full ESS combo.

The Server Security part can be installed silently and unattended with either Policy Manager and push installation or then by exporting .MSI package from PMC and using SCCM to install it.