Connection Control - when enabled some internal services are blocked

Highlighted
Scholar

Connection Control - when enabled some internal services are blocked

Hi, we have two users on our network who do alot of online banking - Connection Control works fine - however it blocks access to a couple of internal server based applications. which the users need access to to cross reference banking details.  

Is there a way to add an exception so Connection Control does not block these connections while the user is logged into on-line banking.

Regards

Mark

6 REPLIES 6
Community Manager

Re: Connection Control - when enabled some internal services are blocked

Hello secure00023,

Have you tried the steps mentioned here if you do not want Connection Control to close your already opened connections?

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

Hi is there anyway to set this via the consloe

F-Secure

Which console do you mean?

Windows cmd.exe? I don't think you can do it in console.

You need to change this setting in a profile in portal and assign it to this machine - then machine will not interrupt the connection

Scholar

When I mean Console i mean F-Secure Policy Manager - I dont see any section regarding profile. I have the machine in question on there but see no option under conection control to enable exosting connections.

Thank you for your guidence so far. As you may have guessed i am not to familiar with this product.

F-Secure
F-Secure

Hello secure00023,

You had posted your question on a wrong board, that's the reason of confusion. The proper board for Business Suite products (managed by Policy Manager) is https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Business/bd-p/End-point_Security

If I understand you correctly, possible workaround, which may help, is to add your internal server(s) to Web traffic scanning > Trusted sites list in Policy manager console Settings > Standard view.

Best regards,

Vad

F-Secure
F-Secure

One addition. My previous proposal will not work for ip addresses.

Please, check how to exclude  server applications by ip addresses here:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Business/Connection-Control-blocks/td-p/102571

Best regards,

Vad