I want connect to policy manager server with policy manager console from another computer.
I can't connect because 8080 port isn't open.
I turn off firewall but this isn't fix.
How can i do?
Did you disable the firewall on both machines and eventual intermediate ones?
Could it be that the port is used by another application?
Please review also this post on this topic.
Cysec, I suggest some steps to check:
1. Check if the services is up and work fine. Use Status Monitor to do this, also you can use services.msc to check F-Secure services.
2. Verify Windows Firewall. If you installed in Windows Server 2008 and above, DONT disable the firewall service. You can disable the firewall, but dont disable the service, otherwise your Windows will crash in some anothers services (where need firewall service is on).
3. Chek if this Windows Server dont have any other service in the 8080 port. I already get some cases where SQL Server is installed in the same computer and MS SLQ is conflicting PMS.
4. Use the base test - In another computer open the browser and type https://IP of Policy Manager Server:8080. Need open a F-Secure screen.
5. Check if your network dont use a Proxy and the internals IP´s is in the Proxy Exception, otherwise, the Proxy will try force the comunication to PMS over internet, instead internal connection.
Hope helped you to solve this issue.
> connect to policy manager server with policy manager console from another computer.
This is an option which can be selected early in the setup wizard of FSPM, but is NOT enabled by default.
In general it only makes sense if you are running PMS on Linux, but want to take advantage of the Active Directory and .MSI capabilities of Windows-based PMC.
In case of a fully Windows-based system, it is probably easier to simply remote desktop into the PMS server and also run PMC there. (Today's PMC v11/12 is no longer as resource use heavy as the old PMC version 9/10 were.)
Best Regards: Tamas Feher, Hungary.
This topic has been closed due to inactivity. If you would like to discuss this topic further, please start a new post.
You can reference this topic in your post by adding this link:
Visit the Community
Check our Forums or How-to & FAQs for advice or answers
View User Guides
Refer to our getting started guides and product manuals
Talk to our Support and get answers to your questions