Colors in Policy Manager 12.10

FormerMember
Not applicable

Colors in Policy Manager 12.10

Hello,

I understand that CI is very important for every company ... and that F-Secure brands its software ...

but the color selection  in the policy manager are - I have to be polite - not the best choice ...

Who selected that turquoise color for highlighting and messages 

is there a way to change them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FormerMember
Not applicable

Re: Colors in Policy Manager 12.10

Hello F-Secure

thanks for changing the colors and layout in Policy Manager 12.20

Now it is really readable and better to use.

Thanks for listening to the customers!

Best regards

Robert

16 REPLIES 16
Supporter

Congratulations for making  even worse looking UI in 12.10. I didnt know it was possible, but sure enough, you proved me wrong again. 

Please bring back the colors and layout from 2 years back. This current acid trip color scheme gives me serious head ache.

Highlighted
Supporter

Also, your top bar is now approx 100 pixels in height for no apparrent reason. Could you make it any smaller?

Supporter

Clipboard02.jpg

Also, could you make those minimize, maximize, close buttons back visible again?

TKV
Aspirant

Agreed, this current UI is a throwback to pre-OSX Macs and not in a good way. It is also quite wastefull in terms of screenspace, the Policy Managers we manage are usually located on virtual machines and those usually do not have the huge screenspace of modern desktops.

The role of central management software is to be functional, currently that has been considerably reduced to suit the needs of "modernized" UI look.

F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hi all, 

Thank you for your honest feedbacks. I forwarded them internally.

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
FormerMember
Not applicable

hello Ben,

great, that you forward it internally.

Meanwhile - is there a way to change the colors manually? Perhaps in a config file? 

Regards

Robert

Scholar

I wouldn't want to revert back to the version 11 UI, since that was a bit grim too.

There are a number of things that do need correcting, though.

The huge title bar is exceptionally pointless. I'm tired of all the prima donnas who think that they are above using native Windows title bars. In fact, UltraMon doesn't even detect that FSPMC has a title bar, so the extra title bar buttons don't appear. Windows native title bars have important visual cues (is this window focused?) that are lost when developers are too haughty to use them. Literally the only cue as to whether FSPMC is focused or not is the shade of grey of the controls at the top right.

Seriously, people: I tell Windows what colour I want everything. That decision is mine to make globally, not for programs to ignore.

The program's icon is still generic instead of specific to that program. I also don't get why all the toolbar icons are glued together -- it's like all the space in between them has been relocated into the gigantic title bar.

File Open/Save dialog boxes are no longer anything remotely native. If you paste a path into the filename box and press enter, instead of navigating to that path and restoring the name that was originally present, nothing happens. I know that we're stuck in Java with everything this entails (completely broken taskbar pinning, memory bloat etc) but there are far better Open/Save dialog box implementations for Java, so I have no idea why we're now given some atrocious version, one that must be the worst one I've ever seen for Java. I would have thought that Java would allow native dialogs now (since both XUL and GTK+ do) but I guess not.

As an aside, I notice that FSPMS 12 and/or FSPMC 12 is dramatically faster than 11 — a night and day difference.

Supporter

I didnt notice any difference in speed. It still takes some 5-10minutes to fire up the console.

Anyway, one more thing FS MUST fix. The computer icons previously told us the OS of the machine. Now the OS version has been written after the computer icon which is taking waaaaayyyy too much space.

Scholar

I can click Root then Alerts and see them all in around 1–2 seconds. Viewing global installation status takes around one second. The improvement in speed is incredible — no more "Waiting for the server" for ages (in the past these steps could take several minutes). We have 325 hosts in total, and from entering my password to loading completion, I only wait five seconds (maybe more if we discount disc cache) on a Core i5-2400 in Windows 10. To get a 10-minute load time, I assume you must have a lot more hosts?

I'm uncertain about the OS status icons. It bothered me at first, but I realise that I paid little attention to that data anyway. The new way of showing it is rather odd, though, but strangely enough, I'm OK with it.

The "Hosts outside the domain tree" panel is useful, too, as normally you'd never see it. (I don't recall seeing that until just now ... how weird.)