Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Security 10.00 Beta!

Highlighted
F-Secure Employee

Client Security 10.00 Beta!

Hello all,

Client Security 10.00 Beta is now available for your review.

You can download jar package and release notes from F-Secure Beta Programs for Business users webpage:
http://www.f-secure.com//en/web/labs_global/beta-programs/business-users/client-security-1000-beta

This new version includes:

- Improved Windows 8 support
- DeepGuard™ version 4
- New Browsing Protection and Web traffic scanning

Please refer to the release notes before installing.

2 REPLIES 2
Scholar

Re: Client Security 10.00 Beta!

Find one bug :

dial-up control has cancelled in the setting,but in the status tab,FSCS tells me it is closed .

Scholar

Re: Client Security 10.00 Beta - successful upgrade via PM from 9.5 TP after reboot

Hello

I did the following in our lab, consisting of a W2K8 R2 SP1 server and several Windows 8 Enterprise (x64) clients:

1. Upgraded Policy Manager from 10.01 to 10.10 beta
  2. Imported CS 10.00 beta package
  3. Upgraded a single host via PM to 10.00 beta (reboot option: Display message for user if needed)

What I "see" on the upgraded Windows 8 host:

• No message about reboot, and indeed no reboot
  • The systray F-Secure icon is gone
  • appwiz.cpl shows all F-Secure products to be installed today (20.12.), Deepguard (4.10.126), Device Control (1.00.17458), Microsoft NAP plugin (1.00.260) and Virus & Spy Protection (9.50) (!!)
  • Application Event Log shows that F-Secure pre-requisites were installed OK: Ending a Windows Installer transaction: C:\Windows\TEMP\FsSetup\00000001\FsPscPrerequisites.msi. Client Process Id: 2084. / Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: F-Secure PSC Prerequisites. Product Version: 1.0.7. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: F-Secure Corporation. Installation success or error status: 0.
  • But for installing CS, I only see that a RestorePoint was skipped: Skipping creation of restore point (Process = C:\Windows\TEMP\FsSetup\00000001\FSSetup.exe ; Description = F-Secure Client Security 10.00 build 233 Installation) as there is a restore point avaliable which is recent enough for System Restore.

In short - I get the impression that CS 10.00 beta was NOT installed. Comments or observations?

Update/Edit 20.12. 21:11 - after a reboot, everything was back to normal and F-Secure now is 10.00 beta.

/Maurice