cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beta version of Policy Manager 12.40 released

Highlighted
F-Secure

Beta version of Policy Manager 12.40 released

I'm happy to announce that the new Beta version of Policy Manager is available for your review.

Major changes since the previous release include:

Centralized host alert forwarding from Policy Manager via email

• Policy Manager Server periodically checks for new alerts received from hosts and sends those to the defined recipients.

Notification of F-Secure product upgrades

• The administrator is notified about upgrades that are relevant for the current environment.

Dropped 32-bit platform support

• Policy Manager bundles 64-bit Java Runtime.

Please share your opinion about new features in this short survey:

https://insights.hotjar.com/s?siteId=89877&surveyId=21797

Please contact your F-Secure reseller to provide this beta release to you.

5 REPLIES
Superuser

Re: Beta version of Policy Manager 12.40 released

Hello,

> Dropped 32-bit platform support, Policy Manager bundles 64-bit Java Runtime.

It should be noted that FSPM 12.40 Beta1 install wizard runs merrily to 99.9% completion on Windows 2008 R1 32-bit OS and only displays the 32-bit error message at the very end... I think platform checks should be implemented at the BEGINNING of installation wizard, so that an unfit system is not modified unnecessarily.

Thanks in advance, Yours Sincerely: Tamas Feher, Hungary.

Superuser

Hello,

I'm now receiving pop-up notification in the FSPM 12.40 beta's Console about version 12.41, however trying to follow the embedded download link goes to a generic help page.

Best Regards: Tamas Feher, Hungary.

F-Secure

Thank you for the feedback, it is important for us.

64-bit platform check was indeed not yet ready by beta, but RC and of course Release will have it.

As for help page, it seems to be an issue with prohibited java script in your IE (?) browser. The link points to the page https://help.f-secure.com/product.html#business/policy-manager/12.30/en/beta_info-12.30-en which thanks you for the piloting :)

Superuser

Re: F-Secure Policy Manager 12.40 or 12.41?

Hello,

I don't understand why the depicted notification message appears at the console's bottom line, since I don't think FSPM 12.41 exists yet?

Yours Sincerely: Tamas Feher, Hungary.

fspm_1241_confused.png

F-Secure

Re: F-Secure Policy Manager 12.40 or 12.41?

That is the demo for pilots to show how new feature "Product upgrades notification" will look like in the future. Of course by FSPM 12.40 release this notification will be dropped and it will inform only about actual releases.