How do I register F-Secure Policy Manager which is in an isolated or offline environment (offline token)

Issue:

I would like to register my F-Secure Policy Manager Server which is not connected to a network (offline), how do I proceed?

Resolution:

1. Contact F-Secure support by opening a support request (https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/business_global/support/support-request)
  2. Provide the following information for F-Secure technical support to create an offline registration file:
  • Account Name
  • Customer ID
  • Installation ID 
  • Business Suite license Expiry date

How to obtain Customer and Installation ID:

• Open F-Secure Policy Manager console, and go to Help menu > Registration dialog, or;
  • Find the information from the Policy Manager Server installation folder, ...\F-Secure\Management Server 5\Data (Windows) or /var/opt/f-secure/fspms/data (Linux), open the file called upstream-statistics.json using notepad. Customer ID is on line 5 and Installation ID is on line 6.

Once support has provided you with an offline registration file, use the following steps to activate it on your Policy Manager Server

Windows:

1. Copy the offline registration file to the folder F-Secure\Management Server 5\data
  2. Restart the F-Secure Policy Manager Server services by typing the following command in an elevated command prompt (CMD):  
  • net stop fsms  
  • net start fsms

Linux:

1. Copy the offline registration file to the folder /var/opt/f-secure/fspms/data 
  2. Restart the fspms daemon:
  •  # /etc/init.d/fspms restart
F-Secure Policy Manager will be activated until the expiry of your current subscription. After renewing the subscription you need to request a new registration token from support. Make sure to do this some time in advance so that you don't end up with an expired Policy Manager Server.

Article no: 000001107

Pricing & Product Info

For product info and pricing please go to the F-Secure product page

Version history
Revision #:
3 of 3
Last update:
‎06-11-2019 12:14 PM
Updated by: