Installing F-Secure SAFE on a Windows PC
Before you start installing F-Secure SAFE, make sure that:
- Your computer meets the minimum system requirement
- Your Windows is up to date
- You have uninstalled incompatible software(s) from another vendor
- You are logged on to your computer with administrative rights
- You have an active My F-Secure account. To create an account, see community article How to create an account for My F-Secure?
- You have an Internet connection
Note: These steps are to install F-Secure SAFE onto the computer you are currently using.
- Log in to My F-Secure with your account username and password.
- Click Add device.
- Select My device, and click Continue.
- Select This computer, and click Download for Windows.
- Depending on your browser:
- The installer file downloads automatically; or
- You are asked to save the file. If prompted, click Save File.
- Press Ctrl+J on your keyboard to open the download folder and find the file.
- Click on the installer file (for example, F-Secure-Safe-Network-Installer_xxxxxxxxxxxxx_.exe) to run the installer. Click Yes if the User Account Control window appears.
- Click Continue.
- Click Accept and install to start the installation. If you want to contribute anonymous security data to F-Secure's Security Cloud, leave the checkbox ticked.
The installation takes a minute or so, and once installed, your computer is protected.
Article no: 000001008
The content of this article has been machine translated from the English source article.
While reasonable efforts have been made to provide accurate translations, there may still be translation errors.