Installing F-Secure SAFE on a Windows PC
Before you start installing F-Secure SAFE, make sure that:
- Your computer meets the minimum system requirement
- Your Windows is up to date
- You have uninstalled incompatible software(s) from another vendor
- You are logged on to your computer with administrative rights
- You have an active My F-Secure account. To create an account, see community article How to create an account for My F-Secure?
- You have an Internet connection
Note: These steps are to install F-Secure SAFE onto the computer you are currently using.
- Log in to My F-Secure with your account username and password.
- Click Add device.
- Select My device, and click Continue.
- Select This computer, and click Download for Windows.
- Depending on your browser:
- The installer file downloads automatically; or
- You are asked to save the file. If prompted, click Save File.
- Press Ctrl+J on your keyboard to open the download folder and find the file.
- Click on the installer file (for example, F-Secure-Safe-Network-Installer_xxxxxxxxxxxxx_.exe) to run the installer. Click Yes if the User Account Control window appears.
- Click Continue.
- Click Accept and install to start the installation. If you want to contribute anonymous security data to F-Secure's Security Cloud, leave the checkbox ticked.
The installation takes a minute or so, and once installed, your computer is protected.
Article no: 000001008