After entering the F-Secure Internet Security subscription code, user receives error message: "Check that your internet connection is working". What should I do?
The first thing you should do is to check these:
If your internet connection is working normally and your Windows is up-to-date, the issue can also be DNS related. Try changing your preferred DNS server:
- Check that your internet connection is working normally: Try restarting your computer, your network router or try with another internet connection altogether
- Check that your Windows version supported: Supported versions are Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
- Check your Windows Updates, to see if there are any Windows updates missing
126.96.36.199 is the Google DNS server. After you have changed your preferred DNS, try to run the F-Secure Internet Security installation again.
- Right-click the Windows Start Menu icon
- Select Network connections
- Click Change adapter options
- Right-click the active network connection and select Properties
- Double-click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
- Enable Use the following DNS Server addresses
- Enter 188.8.131.52 as the Preferred DNS server
- Click OK
If you still receive the error, contact Customer Service.
Article no: 000007973