Why I can´t find my phone with Finder?
There are 4 main things that needs to be checked to allow Finder to work on your device.
On Android devices F-secure SAFE location requests use Google Cloud Messaging, so if your device has older version of Google Play services, or if the Google Cloud Messaging is not active, this could cause issues.
- Enable Finder in the SAFE app on your device.
- Check that you don't have any battery saving functions on that would disable SAFE application when the phone is not active.
- Location permission for SAFE app is enabled.
- Smartphone is connecting to the network.
- SAFE has the newest version.
You can check the FCM value from the SAFE app on Android:
You will need to make sure, that there's no issues with the Google Play Services/Cloud Messaging. You can try disabling and then enabling the Google Play services on the device, and see if that fixes the issue.
- Open SAFE app
- Tap the menu
- Go to About
- If the FCM is 6, this refers to device not having Google Play Services activated
NOTE: If factory reset was performed in a case of a stolen phone, locating or other functions wont work
Article no: 000004436