Installing F-Secure SAFE on Mac OSX fails with the error "The installer encountered an error that prevented installation. Contact the software manufacturer and ask for assistance"
It is possible that there has been a previous F-Secure installation on this machine that used an old unsigned F-Secure kernel driver.
If this is the case you will need to do the following:
- Turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold Command (⌘)-R.
- Release the keys when you see an Apple logo, spinning globe, or other startup screen.
- You might be prompted to enter a password, such as a firmware password or the password of a user who is an administrator of this Mac. Enter the requested password to continue.
- Startup is complete when you see the utilities window, click the Utilities menu in the top menu and open Terminal
- Run the following command in the terminal to remove the old F-Secure kernel driver:
rm -rf /Volumes/*/Library/Extensions/fsauth.kext
- Restart your computer and run the installation of F-Secure SAFE again.
Article no: 000020991