How to re-install the F-secure Internet Security correctly?
You can re-install F-Secure Internet Security without uninstalling the old version. However, if there are issues with the installation, you might need to run our uninstallation tool.
Thus there are 2 parts to this process, the first part is how to remove the existing F-Secure Internet Security installation from your computer in case of issues, and the second part is to install F-Secure Internet Security back on to your computer.
You can go straight to Part 2 if there are no issues with the old version.
Important Note: Windows XP and Vista are no longer supported by Microsoft and F-Secure. Therefore, the steps below are not applicable to Windows XP or Vista computers.
Part 1: Uninstalling Internet Security using the Uninstallation Tool.
The uninstallation is complete when your computer restarts.
- Log on to your computer with administrator rights.
- Download the Uninstallation Tool for Windows from our Support Tools page.
- Run the executable FSUninstallationTool.exe.
- Click Yes.
- Click Start.
- Select the product or components you want to remove and click Next to initiate the uninstallation process.
- Click Restart when prompted to remove remaining files.
Part 2: Reinstalling F-Secure Internet Security:
Allow the product to complete the installation. The installation takes a minute or so (depending on your Internet connection speed), and once installed, your computer is protected.
- Go to the Download F-Secure Products page.
- Select your product F-Secure Internet Security from the list, and click Download for Windows.
- Depending on your browser:
- The installer file downloads automatically; or
- You are asked to save the file. If prompted, click Save File.
- Press Ctrl + J on your keyboard to open the download folder and find the file.
- Double-click the installer file (F-SecureNetworkInstaller.exe) to run it.
- When prompted, type in your subscription key (xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx) to continue the installation.
- Make sure that you use the correct subscription key. If you have a multi-user subscription, you can enter the same subscription key on multiple Windows PC. For a single subscription key, each Windows PC should use a separate subscription key.
- If a message appears on the screen stating all licenses have already been used, click on Re-use license to move an existing license to this computer.
Article no: 000001875