How do I configure the SAFE network connection settings on my PC?
Usually there is no need to change the default settings, but you can configure how the computer is connected to the internet so that you can receive updates automatically.
To change the internet connection settings:
- Right-click the product icon in the system tray. A pop-up menu appears.
- Select Open settings.
The Settings page opens.
- From the left navigation, select Updates.
Note: You need administrative rights to change the settings.
- Under Manual proxy setup, select whether or not your computer uses a proxy server to connect to the internet.
Note: Your internet service provider may offer or require you to use a proxy. A proxy acts as an intermediary between your computer and the internet. It intercepts all requests to the internet to see if it can fulfill the request using its cache. Proxies are used to improve performance, filter requests, and hide your computer from the internet to improve security.
You have the following options:
- Select Do not use if your computer is connected to the internet directly.
- Select Use the browser's settings to use the same HTTP proxy settings that you have configured in your web browser.
- Select Custom address and then add the Port number to configure your HTTP proxy settings manually.