How to install F-Secure Internet Security
This topic explains how to install F-Secure Internet Security.
Before you start installing F-Secure Internet Security, make sure that:
- Your Windows is up to date.
- You have uninstalled incompatible software from other vendors.
- You have logged in to your computer and have administrative rights.
- You have an internet connection.
- Go to the Download F-Secure Products page.
- Find your product from the page, and click Download for Windows.
- Depending on your browser:
- The installer file downloads automatically; or
- You are asked to save the file. If prompted, click Save file.
- With your browser open, press Ctrl + J to open the download view.
- Depending on the product you want to install, click the installer file:
- F-SecureNetworkInstaller-IS.exe (F-Secure Internet Security)
- F-SecureNetworkInstaller-AV.exe (F-Secure Anti-Virus)
- Once the installation setup window opens, select Accept and continue.
Note: The product automatically detects the pre-selected language used by the computer and sets the product to use the same language. If you want to change the language to your preferred language, select the language from the dropdown menu in the top left of the product setup page.
- If you are prompted for a subscription code, type in the code in this format, X-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX, then select Next to finish the installation.
Note: If you download the installer file following a link from an email sent by F-Secure, the subscription code is part of the installation file and is taken into use automatically. You can check this if you see a Subscription updated notification that appears at the bottom right corner. If you have bought a multi-PC subscription, the same subscription code can be entered on several computers at the same time, depending on the subscription limit. With a single PC subscription, the same subscription code can only be used on one computer at a time.
Allow the product to complete the installation. The installation takes a minute or so (depending on the speed of your internet connection), and once installed, your computer is protected.