How do I turn on Parental Controls for my child's PC with Internet Security?
This topic provides information on how to turn on Parental Controls on your child's computer.
If your child has access to a family computer, create a separate Windows account for your child. Then, you can easily restrict your child's daily device use times and block content that is not suitable for children.
To turn on Parental Controls:
- Open F-Secure SAFE from the Windows Start menu.
- On the main view, select Parental Controls.
- On the Parental Controls view, select Edit Parental Controls.
- Select Edit settings.
Note: You need administrative rights to change the settings.
- Under Parental Controls, select the user account for whom you want to turn on Parental Controls.
- With Parental Controls you can protect your child's internet and computer use in the following ways:
For more detailed information about each setting, see the related topics.
- Content Filtering - prevents access to websites with unwanted content.
- Search Result Filter - hides adult content from search results.
- Time Limits - limits the daily use of this computer.
- Allowed Hours - specifies when the use of this computer is allowed.