How do I turn on Parental Controls for my child's PC with Internet Security?
Keep a closer eye on your child's online activity, and set device limits and restrict content via Parental Controls.
Tip: If your child has access to a family computer, create a separate Windows account for your child, log in to that account, then follow these same steps.
- Log in to the computer.
- Open Internet Security.
- Select Parental Controls > Turn on, then Yes to activate Parental Controls. The following settings are turned on by default: Content blocking
- Device use limits
- Access the settings:
- Go to the bottom of the main product view that has the text: You can change these from settings, and select the settings link.
- Enter your admin credentials, if required, and select Yes. This opens the settings for Parental controls.
The settings are as follows:
- Content blocker allows you to block websites based on their content or allow access to specific websites only.
- Search result filter sets Google, Yahoo, YouTube, and Bing to "strict" level which hides adult content from showing up in search results.
- Device use limits allows you to limit how long and when your child can use the computer or browse the internet.
- Define the settings you want for your child's computer/account and/or enable/disable settings, then select OK.