How to activate the browsing protection extension for Safari
The browsing protection features need a browser extension to work properly. To install the browser extension on Safari:
- Click on the product icon in the menu bar.
- Click Preferences. Make sure that the Browsing protection tab is open.
- Click Install browser extension. The Browsing protection installation window opens.
- From the Choose your browser drop-down, select Safari and click Enable now. The Safari extension appears on your screen.
- Select the checkbox next to the extension to enable it.
Once the extension has been activated, browsing protection can protect you against harmful web sites. It also helps you identify harmful sites when making web searches by giving a rating next to the search result.