How do I exclude a file or folder from scanning?
Sometimes you may want to leave out a file or folder from scanning. The items you leave out are not scanned unless you remove them from the excluded items list.
To leave out a file or folder from scanning:
- Open your F-Secure program.
- On the left navigation bar, select Tools and then select App and file control.
Note: You need administrative rights to access these settings.
- Select the Excluded tab. This view shows you a list of files and folders that have been excluded, if any.
- Click Add new.
- Select the file or folder that you want to exclude, and select OK. The selected files or folders are left out from future scans.
- Click Close to close the window.
Note: Real-time and manual scanning use the same exclusions. If you want to include a file or folder that has been previously left out from real-time or manual scans, in the Excluded tab, select Remove to clear the file or folder.