How do I allow an application to access my computer through the firewall?
The F-Secure security product uses Windows Defender Firewall to protect your computer.
When the firewall is turned on, it restricts access to and from your computer. Some applications may require that you allow them through the firewall to work properly.
To change Windows Defender Firewall settings (Windows 10):
- Open the F-Secure security product.
- Select Tools > Windows Firewall settings.
The Windows Defender Firewall window opens.
Note: You need administrative rights to access these settings.
- On the side navigation pane, select Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall. A list of applications and features is displayed.
- Select Allow another app...
- Select the app that you want to add, or click Browse... to find the one that is not listed and click Add.
For more information on Windows Defender Firewall, refer to Microsoft Windows documentation.