How can I lock/unlock my device via My F-Secure?
If you suspect that your device is missing, you can first lock it remotely from My F-Secure before wiping your data permanently on your SAFE-protected device.
Note: This feature is available only for SAFE for Android. The "Lock/Wipe device" setting must be enabled on your device for it to work. This setting is disabled by default. Turning this feature on requires F-Secure SAFE to have device administrator permissions.
- Log in to My F-Secure from another computer or device.
- On the My F-Secure page, find the device you want to lock from under your circle.
- Click or tap the device icon. This brings up a window with basic details pertaining to that device.
- Click or tap Finder.
- In the Finder window, click or tap Lock.
- To lock your device, click or tap the Lock button. It may take up to a few minutes before your device is remotely locked.
- Your device can be unlocked by simply unlocking it normally on the device, or similarly via My F-Secure remotely.
Note: Unlocking a device via My F-Secure resets your security code. This means that your device will no longer have the screen lock enabled. After unlocking a device, remember to manually enable the screen lock function on the device again.