How do I schedule a scan?
Set your computer to scan and remove viruses and other harmful applications automatically when you do not use it, or set the scan to run periodically to make sure your computer is clean.
- Open the F-Secure security product.
- Select Settings. The Settings page opens.
- From the left navigation, select Scanning settings.
Note: You need administrative rights to change the settings.
- Under Scheduled scanning, click on the slider to turn on scheduled scanning.
- In Perform scan, select how often you want to scan your computer automatically.
|Option ||Description |
|Daily ||Scan your computer every day. |
|Every week ||Scan your computer on selected days of the week. Select the weekday from the On selected day list. |
|Every four weeks ||Scan your computer on a selected weekday at four-week intervals. Select the weekday from the On selected day list. The scan starts on the next occurrence of the selected weekday. |
- In Start time, select when the scheduled scan starts.
- You can optimize how the scheduled scanning scans your computer.
- Select Run scanning with low priority (slower) to make the scheduled scan interfere less with other activities on the computer. Running the scan on low priority takes longer to complete.
- Select Scan only known file types (faster) to scan only files that are most likely to be harmful, for example executable files. Selecting this option makes the scanning faster. Leave the option unchecked to scan all files. The files with the following extensions are examples of known file types:
com, doc, dot, exe, htm, ini, jar, pdf, scr, wma, xml, zip.
- Select Scan inside compressed files (slower) to scan files that are inside compressed archive files, for example zip files. Selecting this option makes the scanning slower. Leave the option unchecked to scan the archive file but not the files that are inside it.
Note: Scheduled scans are canceled when the gaming mode is on. When you turn the gaming mode off, they run according to the schedule again.