F-Secure Freedome for Business without MDM failed to activate on an Apple iOS device with error "F-Secure Freedome error. Could not configure the app. Restart Freedome and try again"
This could be due to incorrect activation data was written to the key chain, preventing FREEDOME from being activated. Follow the steps provided below to wipe off any leftovers of incorrect activation, so activation can be redone properly.
- Update app to the version with deactivation (2.8.12 and above)
- Open a deactivation link on device you want to deactivate (link can be provided by email):
- In the app, click OK on alert that appeared. (App will be restored to Freedome consumer)
- Close the app (iPhone 8 and below - double click the main button to call task manager, and swipe freedom up. iPhone X and above - swipe and hold from the bottom of the screen, and swipe freedom up)
- Activate Freedome by tapping on the activation link in the welcome email
Article no: 000027526