How can I exclude certain software update from the F-Secure Software Updater in F-Secure PSB?
Prerequisite: You need to have a non-default profile before you can configure your software updater settings.
You can exclude specific software updates from automatic installation:
- Log in to the PSB Portal
- Go to the Profiles
- Select the profile you want to modify
- Go to Software updater
- Under Exclude software from automatic installation, click Add software and then type in the keywords or a Bulletin ID using the formula: PRODUCT=<value>;SP=<value>. The service pack is optional. For example:
- PRODUCT=Skype 6
- PRODUCT=Office; SP=SP2
- Only one exclusions are supported for each row
- Vendor ID is not always easily found in the logs, therefore, would recommend defining exclusions using Software name, Vendor name, CVE ID or Bulletin ID.
Lock the setting with the Padlock (Disallow user changes) and click Save and Publish. After the profile has been saved and published, the exclusion will be taken into use on the devices that have this profile assigned.
Just in case you would like to hide the windows update from being detected as missing by Software Updater too, you need to exclude via the following setting in the Profile Editor:
* Software Updater > Rules to exclude updates from scan results
Article no: 000006571