F-Secure PSB Computer Protection shows "Check that your internet connection is working and try again" error after entering subscription key during installation.
If you are connected to the internet and still getting the "Check that your internet connection is working and try again" error message during installation with a subscription key, follow the steps below to rule out other probable causes:
Incorrect subscription key:
Insufficient number of available licenses:
- Check that you are using the correct subscription key during installation
- Double-check the spelling and verify from either your license certificate or from the Subscriptions page in the PSB portal that you are using a valid license
If you would like to remove old installations that are no longer in use to free up licenses, follow the steps below:
- Check that there are still available licenses on the subscription key you're trying to use
- In the PSB portal, go to the Subscriptions page and check the Usage column for the license in question. If there are no more available licenses, you have two options:
- Remove old installations that are no longer in use to free up licenses, or;
- Acquire more licenses by reaching out to your F-Secure reseller partner or F-Secure sales contact
After removing a device from the PSB Portal, the device will be added to a list of removed computers so that it will not be able to connect to the portal anymore and take a license into use. To be able to reinstall PSB Computer Protection on these devices, you need to clear the list of removed computers:
- Log in to the PSB portal
- Go to the Devices page
- Select the device(s) you want to remove, using the checkbox on the left
- Click Remove device from the options at the bottom of the screen
Note: If a computer is on the list of removed computers and you try to use the subscription key on that computer, you will get the same "Check that your internet connection is working and try again" error message. You will need to clear the list of removed computers to install the software again on that computer.
- Login to the PSB Portal
- Go to the Subscriptions page
- Open the action menu on the right side of the license
- Click Clear list of removed computers
Installation file has been downloaded from the wrong PSB Portal:
The installation files for PSB Computer Protection are PSB Portal specific. Make sure you have downloaded the installation file from the correct portal. You can verify the portal the subscription key belongs to from your license certificate.
Article no: 000008841